The Misanthropic Hostess sets some goals for 2011
Happy New Year! I just love new beginnings.
Each year TD and I sit down on the last day of the last month and write out our goals for the coming year. We don’t do resolutions; just categorical goals covering different parts of our lives. For me, it is much more palatable to look forward to working towards something than away from it.
For this first time, I’ve included The Misanthropic Hostess in my goals for 2011. I’ve kept them simple and attainable (I would be remiss if I were to ignore the SMART method). And, I’ve kept them fun. Of course the definition of fun in this context is operational and I make no assumptions that what I think is fun applies to anyone else (that is what your blogs as for).
2011 Goals for The Misanthropic Hostess
- Post at least four times each month. Regular posting day: Thursday (we’ll count this post as a pre-post as there is no recipe to go with it).
- The last regularly scheduled post of each month will be for the Daring Bakers’ Challenge. Since they set the reveal date, it may not always be on a Thursday.
- At least one of the four monthly posts will be from Peter Reinhart’s The Bread Baker’s Apprentice. I bought this book last summer and have just now begun to explore its yeasty amazingness.
- To work one my photo skills (yeah I know, what photo skills). I’ve upgraded my camera and while it is still a point and shoot, it does have manual controls. I’ll know when this goal is obtained when I’ve gotten rid of the shadows, fuzzies and general poor composition that, let’s face it, are the current hallmark of my photos.
- To upgrade my website and technology knowledge. I hired someone to set up this site and haven’t really explored the cool plug-ins and design options that can come with blogging. I’m fairly certain that my near future includes a class at a local community college on website design/blogging/other stuff that I don’t understand.
So, I’ve got 12 months and 3 goals (really, goals #2 and #3 belong to goal #1). And, because I like to start things out on the right foot, January is already in the bag.
Happy new year!
« Triple-Ginger Cookies…They’re GREAT! Next Post
Portuguese (or if you live on the West Coast, Hawaiian) Sweet Bread »